Pastor Appreciation Celebration
Cherokee Chapel Holiness Methodist Church
November 1, 2015
Rev. Jimmy & Ann Locklear,
“Preacher Jimmy, God has blessed you to be a great teacher; He has also blessed you, to be an anointed preacher. You have christened our babies and buried our love ones; You’ve shared our laughter and help dry the tears we’ve shed. You have shown all of us how to live a Godly life; And Mrs. Ann has shown us how to be a Godly wife. You both mean more to us than words could ever say; but we’ll try to show you on this Pastor’s Appreciation Day!” Mr. David Emanuel, Author
Welcome Tricia Cummings
Mr. Russell Strickland opened today service by engaging the congregation to read Act 2. Christ reveals Himself to the Christians. Acts 2:1-4 “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
Song: It a Grand and Glorious Feeling
· Announcements – Birthdays, Anniversaries,
· Honored Purnell Sweet High School Football Team with Pre-Dinner on Friday, October 30, 2015. The winning team was Purnell Sweet Hi.
· Cherokee Chapel Church will host a fundraiser for Heart Song on Sunday, November 15, 2015 @ 6:00 PM. Please join us for this special event to support our local group as they travel and do God’s Work.
· Song: Have A Little Talk with Jesus And Prayers.
· Church Honored Rev. Jimmy and Mrs. Ann Locklear and family members for being a pillar and support partners in his ministry to the church. Special Slide Show was shown reminded us again of the many sermons through the years:
- Outside Looking In, Wasted Days – Wasted Nights
- Staying on the Wall Consider Your Ways
- Overdrive for Jesus Four Views of the Cross
Any many, many others were presented.
· Isaiah Hardin from Youth Department present special gifts, “Thanks for all you’re contributions from the Youth Department. Mrs. Ann was presented with a special song, “She Loved” by Jeff & Sheri Easter and was presented with a dozen roses by the children. Tom Bullard, Youth Soloist, “In Jesus I Find a Resting Place”.
· Heart Song – “I want My Steps to be an Alter”, “He Great, He Wonderful”, “I Find A Resting Place” , “Come Along and Ride This Train”. These songs provided a special touch to the audience on how God’s Love has delivered us and blessed all of us.
· Rev. Namon Bullard, Message: “Who Holding the Donkey” – Genesis 22:1-5 “And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham , and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. And he said, Take now thy son, thine son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.”
· Rev. Bullard message, “You know you got faithful servants – Abraham found faithful servant because he had servants who was willing to “Hold the Donkey”. Everyone had jobs. We need to band together as a group – not depend on one brother – the sick will remember those fifteen members on that Cherokee Van when it comes down his driveway. He may forget that one individual who stop by for a short visit, but those faithful servants who band together: “responsibility are taken – they are not assigned”. Yes! Who is Holding the Donkey means responsibilities.
· Who in midnight hours come in to attend the needs of the church. If you want to honor preacher – take what preacher does – let preacher see you grow. Honor that man of God, “Take your house back – I live for God, and I Die for God. Is there any falling sheep in the church? Faithful servants are rewarded openly, “He takes hearts and makes them elevators – allow the receiver to tell the story not the giver.” If the giver boast on his accomplishments it is lost not only to him but to God. Faithful servants that honor God are not required to tell the story – God know”. Don’t lose your reward because you told what you did for someone let others tell the story. “Tell folks where you go to church – honor your pastor with rewards. Don’t be shame of God, “Shepherds don’t produce sheep – Sheep produce sheep.” Don’t be shame of Jesus.
· When should we be “Holding Donkeys, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday every day of the week is a day for a faithful servant. Don’t be stiff neck – I want to be on the “Right Side of God” and not with the goats. Shepherds- Lead be beside the still waters, don’t be a goat”.
· Servants give children direction needed at an early age – “Servants don’t wait until their children are seventeen to give them a Bible. Children should be given Bible at an early age five. Children lose their identity as they grow older then will soon lose their appearance.” To interpret: they begin to take on the world and the ways of the world. Be a Faithful Servant appreciate the Preacher. The Bible speak for good and for evil – the Bible is our guide map from our enemies they stick knives in our backs all the time pointing us in the right direction.
· Stayed Prayed Up! “Be a faithful servant-Depend on God. “In Genesis, everybody got to worship. Take your responsibility serious by sharing and caring for each other.
· In Summary: “I will be a better servant by giving a glass of water, being a friend and serving God completely with commitment to become a faithful servant. Take your burdens to the Lord and leave them there. If it had not been for Calvary . . . only God know where . . . He gave his life blood, “Oh What A Savior“. by Ernie Hasse and Signature Sound.
“Who Holding the Donkey”